A jewel in southern Mexico, the state of Oaxaca has unique Indian life, remarkable ancient civilizations, colonial masterpieces, highland nature exploration, beautiful pacific beaches, world renowned cuisine, and a colonial city protected by the UNESCO world heritage convention. Programs are tailored to satisfy endless cultural interests in this fascinating region.
Things to See and Do
- Remarkable ancient Zapotec cities such as Monte Alban, Yagul, Lambityeco, Zaachila etc.
- Colorful weekly "Tianguis" or market days in which Indian nations bring their goods to buy and sell in Ocotlan, Zaachila, Tlacolula, Etla etc.
- Outstanding Ethnobotanic Gardens with an extraordinary collection of agaves and cacti
- Great museums and Colonial Baroque Treasures within the Historic District of the city
- Cultural centers for art shows and workshops
- World famous Folk Art villages crafting textiles, wood carving, pottery, tin work, natural paper, cutlery, forged iron and leather
- Cooking classes with prestigious chefs or within Indian family homes outside the city
- Great restaurants and dinning choices to delight in this regions famous cuisine
- Spanish language learning schools